Sunday, January 4, 2015

To New Beginnings...

Happy New Year All..
Welcome to my new redesigned blog.. This Prim Nanny.  New blog name, new design, new posts. So excited to have you visit! Most days you will find me working on a new project, painting or distressing a new piece of furniture, antiquing, thrifting, or playing with my most precious Grandlittles. I enjoy having visitors, we can sit and chat about my crazy love for Primitive decorating, my endless prim project list, my love for my family and adorable Grandlittles, or my obsession with Pinterest.. Any subject will do and the KUERIG is on and I have freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookies if you'd care to join me.  So.. Pick whichever coffee cup you'd like,  join me in the living room and find a comfy chair to sit in and let's visit!
In keeping with the "new beginnings" post today, wanted to share our newly prim decorated bath.. The Man of My Dreams (my sweet hubs) gifted me with some lovely new decor for our bath this Christmas.  I just finished getting it all out and put the finishing touches on our little bathroom. I really am quite pleased with how it turned out!  Many thanks to the Man of My Dreams for such a great gift, guess after 31 years of marriage he knows me pretty well!  I have been teased many times over by my darling daughters and my sweet hubs about my quirky gift requests! It's not unusual for me to ask for an old cutting board, or beat up old wooden ladder when asked what I'd like for Christmas, birthdays, etc. What can I say... ?? I like what I like and I love to create, love repurposing things, painting and distressing furniture and adding to the cozy, prim, atmosphere in our little home. When my Lupus allows me, you will usually find me sanding, painting, or redecorating something. A mans home may be his castle ... But, for me our home has always been a labor of love, a welcoming place of hospitality, a sanctuary for me and our family.  I hope you feel welcome and relaxed as well when you stop in for a visit! Hope you'll join me.. Be blessed my friends, until next next time.. ~ Nanny ~ ❤️            









* Thank you to my darling daughter Heather for all the work she did "building" and designing my blog, she truly did an amazing job, couldn't be happier with my new design!

7 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog, Marge. I just knew we would be good friends, and once I saw your new shower curtain I knew that sealed the deal. I have the exact same one in our downstairs bath. We have good taste. {smile}. I just became a follower and am looking forward to visiting with you. I asked for a new light fixture to hang over my sink for Christmas. Us ladies are full of surprises , huh? And Holly does all my blog backgrounds, etc. for me as well. What would we do without our daughter? Talk later.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment Angela.. I've have been a follower of your blog for a couple of years, actually yours was the first blog I ever followed! Just recently started following you on Pinterest. I look forward to many more visits and sharing adventures with you as well! Have a great Thursday :0D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home really is where the heart is...that is why I named my blog that :) Love looking at your wonderful home and thank you for being my IG Friend...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate your friendship as well Kim :0). I have been overwhelmed with joy as to the amazing friendships I continue to make from all over ... from blogging and Instagram! It has been a very positive experience for me :0) Have a lovely evening ~ Marge ~

      Delete
  4. Hey girl! I finally found you! =] Your bathroom is primtastic!! I love the new shower curtain that you received at Christmas, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge! I love your new blog design! Catching up on all the posts now! Your home is so lovely and cozy! I really ♥ it! And yes - I will take a chocolate chip cookie anytime I visit! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so very much Danielle for your thoughtful comments... Glad you enjoyed it! I enjoy your blog as well Danielle! Have a great day today! ~ Marge ~

    ReplyDelete